While most people are familiar with the taste of asparagus, few are familiar with the taste of asparagus soup. This creamy delicacy will become a staple in your culinary repertoire once you’ve given it a try. The soup can be made from scratch with a number of different recipes, including those that use vegetable stock and cream.
This creamy asparagus soup is real tasty, and super simple to make. You can make it with chicken broth or vegetable broth, whichever you prefer. In my opinion, one of the keys to making this recipe tasty is the amount of fresh asparagus you use. Use about 1 pound of asparagus (finely chopped) per cup of broth.
Creamy Asparagus Soup is a delicious and comforting soup recipe. Asparagus is a popular vegetable in the spring and summer months. It is best to cook asparagus the same day that you purchase it. You can keep it fresh in a plastic bag with a dry paper towel in the crisper section of your refrigerator. To keep the asparagus from becoming over cooked, you can add the soup ingredients to your slow cooker. Set it on low for 3 to 4 hours.
This article contains affiliate links, and we may receive a small commission if you make a purchase on our website. This creamy and lively asparagus soup is a classic French recipe, perfect for the whole family. Enjoy a silky, rich and delicious asparagus soup that is ready in just 20 minutes. Spring calls for fresh, vibrant asparagus. Now it’s time for the silky smooth asparagus soup. Perfect to serve hot or cold and rich in flavor. Soups are always a hit in our house, and this creamy asparagus soup is no exception. It contains many vegetables, is light and very nutritious. In this video, you will learn step by step how to make the best asparagus cream soup in less than 20 minutes:
Ingredients for Asparagus Cream Soup
Asparagus cream is made with fresh asparagus, sauteed onions and garlic, heavy cream and broth as the main ingredients.
- Butter. Everything’s better with butter. You can use salted or unsalted butter, as we only season the soup at the end.
- Garlic cloves
- Vegetable or chicken broth
- Lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- heavy cream – While this soup is also delicious without heavy cream, it gives the soup a silky, creamy flavor that goes perfectly with fresh asparagus.
- Salt and pepper – I recommend tasting the soup and adjusting the flavor.
For a lighter, low-calorie asparagus soup, you can omit the cream altogether or replace it with canned coconut cream.
How to make the best asparagus soup?
Making this asparagus soup is incredibly easy, just follow a few steps:
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. When the butter is melted, fry the onion and garlic to bring out their natural flavor and set aside.
- Cut the asparagus into one-inch pieces and add them to the pan.
- Pour in the stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender, add the cream, grated parmesan and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Garnish just before serving with fresh herbs, cream and Parmesan cheese.
Can I make asparagus soup without cream?
Yes, this soup will be very creamy even without adding cream. Although the cream gives this soup a velvety texture, it is also delicious without it.
Is asparagus ketogenic?
Yes, asparagus is one of the best vegetables to eat on a keto diet. According to the USDA website, a cup (134 g) of asparagus contains only 5.2 g of carbohydrates and 2.81 g of fiber. It therefore contains only 3g of pure carbohydrates. It is also an excellent source of vitamins A, C, E, K and B6.
How to store asparagus cream?
This creamy asparagus soup contains cream, and it doesn’t freeze well. So if you prefer this type of soup, freeze it before adding the cream. When you’re ready to eat the dish, let it thaw, reheat it, and add just the cream and parmesan before serving. Creamy Asparagus Soup can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Looking for more soup recipes? Try this:
This creamy and lively asparagus soup is a classic French recipe, perfect for the whole family. Enjoy a silky, rich and delicious asparagus soup that is ready in just 20 minutes.
- 1 bunch of asparagus, about 1 pound in weight, woody ends cut off and washed.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium-sized yellow swirl, wrinkled
- 2 Buttons, open and close
- 4 t 4 low-sodium vegetable or chicken slurry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Fresh herbs such as thyme, dill or basil for garnish.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a large saucepan over medium-high heat and melt the butter.
- Cook the onion and garlic until transparent and soft, about 6 to 8 minutes. Stir constantly to prevent the meat from browning. Reduce the heat if necessary.
- Cut off the ends of some asparagus and set aside.
- Cut the remaining skewers into 2 cm pieces and put them in the pan.
- Add stock, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat. Let it cool down.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender or regular blender until completely smooth.
- Stir in the cream, the Parmesan cheese and the lemon juice.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Garnish with your favorite herbs, add cream and enjoy!
- For a thicker soup, cook the soup without a lid until it reaches the desired thickness.
- For a vegan asparagus soup, replace the heavy cream with coconut cream and use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock. Add the parmesan cheese and sprinkle the toasted pine nuts over the soup. It’s so good!
- This asparagus soup is suitable for keto, rich in fiber and nutrients! It contains only 5 g of net carbs per serving.
Nutritional information Quantity per serving. How do we calculate the nutritional information? Nutritional information was extracted from the nutritional information in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s food database. Our nutritional information is accurate, but if you use other products, make your own calculations. The net amount of carbohydrate is calculated by subtracting fiber and sugar alcohols, since they do not raise blood sugar.
Sign up now!
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and be the first to receive the latest recipes, updates and special offers.
You have successfully subscribed to our mailing list. This creamy asparagus soup is the perfect way to start your day. Whether you’re feeling under the weather and want to eat something soothing to help you get back on track—or if you just want a delicious, nutritious breakfast—this soup fits the bill. Asparagus has plenty of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, folate, and vitamin B6. It also has more calcium than milk, which is great for healthy bones and teeth.. Read more about cream of asparagus soup rachael ray and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make creamy asparagus soup from scratch?
Whether you’re looking for a low-calorie way to keep warm, or just want to make a warm, comforting meal, this Creamy Asparagus Soup is quick and easy to whip up. It’s loaded with fresh asparagus, a vegetable that’s both nutrient-dense and low in calories, as well as whole-wheat pasta, milk and cheese. Plus, the hint of lemon juice gives it a subtle flavor that will tickle your taste buds, whether you’re eating it for lunch or dinner. When it comes to cooking, most of us are content to rely on our favorite recipes we’ve been using for years. But sometimes we need something a little different. That’s where homemade recipes come in. While it may seem like a daunting task to whip up a dish from scratch instead of using a recipe you’ve been comfortable with for years, homemade recipes are actually quite easy. Do you want to know how to make your own creamy asparagus soup?
Why is my asparagus soup stringy?
There are several reasons why your asparagus soup may be stringy. Some are natural, while others are due to improper preparation. It all starts with the asparagus itself. Asparagus can be stringy when it’s not fresh or has been handled improperly. That means it’s important to choose fresh asparagus with crisp, firm stalks. You should also avoid purchasing asparagus that’s limp or on the verge of spoiling. Asparagus soup is one of the healthiest foods you can eat, but some people complain about it being stringy. (Perhaps they don’t want to admit it tastes so good!) To avoid this issue, you can simply gently squeeze the stalks before cooking them. If you’re not keen on the flavor of asparagus, you can also try cooking it with a different vegetable, such as broccoli. Cooking the asparagus with the broccoli will help mask the flavor and produce a soup that everyone will enjoy.
Does Campbell’s still make cream of asparagus soup?
No matter what the foodie culture says, canned soup is here to stay. In America, nothing says “comfort food” like a steaming bowl of creamy soup. It’s an easy dinner solution for busy nights when you don’t have time to spend an hour in the kitchen and there’s nothing better to eat when you’re sick and need a good dose of something warm to soothe your aching throat. The latest addition to the Campbell’s soup lineup? Cream of Asparagus soup. Cream of Asparagus Soup is a soup widely served in the United States. It may also be referred to as Campbell’s Cream of Asparagus Soup or simply Cream of Asparagus. It is most often sold in cans, but Campbell’s has also produced a condensed version of the soup. As with many soups, Cream of Asparagus Soup may be served hot or cold.
southern living cream of asparagus soupcream of asparagus soup with parmesancream of asparagus soup with milkcream of asparagus soup with white winecream of asparagus and mushroom souproasted asparagus soup,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,southern living cream of asparagus soup,ina garten asparagus soup,cream of asparagus soup barefoot contessa,cream of asparagus soup rachael ray,cream of asparagus soup with parmesan,cream of asparagus soup with milk,cream of asparagus soup with white wine,cream of asparagus and mushroom soup