This is a well-written blog post about a tasty frittata that is low carb and keto friendly.
You might be asking yourself “What the heck is a keto frittata?” Well, it’s a fancy word for a low-carb, high-fat meal. The ketogenic diet, also called “keto,” is a high-fat, moderate-protein, and low-carb diet that can be used for weight loss and has been shown to have a number of health benefits, including reducing the risk of some types of cancer.
Keto Frittata is one of my favorite go-to meals ever. It’s easy to make, inexpensive and it keeps well in the fridge. Serve it with a salad and a good low carb bread and you’ve got a complete meal. I like to make it on Sunday evenings and then have it for lunch during the week! The frittata is just as good at room temperature as it is hot.
Keto Frittata with asparagus, broccoli, ham, bell pepper, cheddar and goat cheese – perfect for a light breakfast, brunch or dinner. Eggs. This is what we often eat at home for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s very easy to make and adapt to whatever leftover vegetables and proteins you have in the fridge. This keto frittata is rich in protein and spring vegetables. We have asparagus, broccoli, red peppers, and they all go well with goat cheese and cheddar. The keto frittata is great because you can make it the night before if you have guests for Mother’s Day, Easter or a weekend brunch.
HOW TO MAKE A KETO FRITTATA
- First, heat butter or oil in a cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions, asparagus, broccoli, bell pepper and ham. Roast for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the heavy cream and add salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Grate half the cheddar cheese.
- Arrange the asparagus in an even layer. Pour the egg mixture into the pan over the asparagus and sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese. Place the frittata in the oven until cooked through.
- Cut into quarters and serve warm.
WHAT CAN YOU ADD TO THIS LOW-CARB FRITTATA?
The frittata is delicious because it’s perfect for using up leftover vegetables and protein in the fridge. Add zucchini, kale or spinach for a low-carb frittata. You can use prosciutto, sausage, cooked chicken or turkey instead of ham. You don’t like goat cheese? Don’t add it or use feta cheese instead.
CAN THIS SIMPLE FRITTATA BE PREPARED IN ADVANCE?
Yes, frittata is a delicious dish that can be frozen. You can cut them into quarters and put them in the freezer, then reheat them when you’re ready to serve them. More breakfast recipes : Egg muffins for breakfast, Egg dish Hard-boiled eggs Fried eggs
Keto frittata with asparagus, diced ham, bell pepper, cheddar and goat cheese is perfect for a spring breakfast, brunch or dinner.
- 1Olive oil or Butter
- 1/4 zwiebel gewürfelt
- 1/2 pound asparagus , cut off the tough ends and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- 1/3 cup hacked Brokkoli-Röschen
- 1/2 rote Paprika
- 2 pieces of ham (preferably nitrate-free) , cut into slices (we like Applegate)
- Pink Himalayan salt and black pepper at will
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream OR coconut cream (can also be substituted for unsweetened almond milk).
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup geriebener Cheddar-Käse
- 4 oz. ch cheese
- Salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees with the rack in the middle position.
- In a 10-inch non-stick pan, heat the oil or butter over medium heat and add the onion, asparagus, broccoli and bell pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the meat is tender. Add the sliced ham. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs with the cream and add salt and pepper. Add garlic powder, ham and cheddar cheese. Put the eggs in the same pan as the asparagus and sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until the frittata is golden brown, about 15-18 minutes.
- Cut into quarters and serve warm.
A ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet that forces the body to burn fat rather than carbohydrates. The keto diet is an effective weight-loss tool for many people, and different versions of the keto diet are used to treat a variety of health conditions, such as diabetes, obesity, epilepsy, and Alzheimer’s disease. It can also be a great way to maintain a healthy lifestyle for a long period of time.. Read more about keto breakfast eggs and let us know what you think.
keto breakfastketo breakfast without eggslazy keto breakfastketo breakfast eggsperfect keto breakfastketogenic breakfast menu,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,keto breakfast,keto breakfast without eggs,lazy keto breakfast,keto breakfast eggs,perfect keto breakfast,ketogenic breakfast menu,quick keto breakfast,keto breakfast muffins