This was the first birthday cake I made from scratch at home. I was so pleased with my rendition that I decided to share the recipe with you all. Although the ketogenic diet has become more popular as a method for weight loss, it can be just as effective for many other potential health benefits, such as improving brain functioning and increasing energy levels. In this case, it was a perfect fit for my birthday cake.
As you may have heard, I recently celebrated my birthday (with a few party favors) and I wanted to indulge in a little cake for the occasion. But when I went to the supermarket to purchase the perfect birthday cake, the thought of eating white flour and sugar seemed too much for me. I have a serious sweet tooth (even though I’m Paleo) and I love all things chocolate, but I didn’t want to have a sugar high. I decided to opt for a ketogenic birthday cake.
Over the years, I’ve made a lot of birthday and other special kiddo treats, but I’ve never really gone the “keto” route. (I thought it sounded a little silly.) But I recently had a birthday that I wanted to celebrate with a special treat for my son. After scouring the internet for ideas, I found a keto version of my old favorite birthday cake recipe. (I had the original recipe long before I was even aware of the keto diet.)This article contains affiliate links, and we may receive a small commission if you make a purchase on our website. This is the best vanilla cake recipe keto with layers of moist vanilla cake and silky cream cheese frosting. Enjoy a low-carb, super moist cake made with almond flour and coconut. A large slice contains less than 4g of pure carbohydrates . perfect cake for any special occasion – birthdays, reunions, weddings! It’s always a challenge for me to make cakes, especially since I’m not very good at decorating them. But since my birthday is next week, I thought, I’ll challenge myself to make a cake that is easy to make, keto friendly, and that everyone can enjoy!
Watch how you do it
Why is this the best vanilla keto cake?
My best carb-free vanilla cake recipe:
- Soft and tender pastryExcellent taste
- Easy to doin less than 30 minutes!!!
- only 4g net carbsfor a delicious snack
- perfectly sweet without a lush aftertaste.
- The cooking is even, so there is no need to level it.
- fresh up to 4 days– but it is best served the next day.
- Ideal for making muffins
So if any of the above reasons sound appealing to you, I’m sure this keto cake recipe will become your favorite!
Ingredients for the best keto birthday cake
All the ingredients for this gluten-free yellow cake are easy to find at your local grocery store or order online. I’m sure if you’ve made any of my other recipes, you’re familiar with my easy and delicious keto dessert recipes. You’ll be surprised how few ingredients are needed to make such a delicious cake:
- Keto Flour– I always use a mixture of almond flour and coconut flour because they complement each other and give an airy, fluffy texture. I suggest using both flours without trying to replace them. For this vanilla almond flour cake, choose superfine blanched almond flour. If possible, sift the flour before using.
- Unsalted Butter– Use unsalted butter and add only a pinch of salt, as this is a low-carb dessert and salted butter masks the sweetness. If you’re looking for a dairy-free keto cake, replace the butter with melted coconut oil or avocado butter.
- Sweetener – I used erythritol for this cake, but monk fruit sweetener or allulose would also work. These are my favorite keto sweeteners that have no aftertaste and taste similar to sugar.
- Eggs – use large eggs at room temperature
- Vanilla Extract – I highly recommend using a quality pure vanilla extract to give this cake an exceptional flavor.
- Baking powder – acts as a leavening agent and helps the cake rise and become moist.
How to make this keto vanilla cake?
The ingredients in this gluten-free birthday cake are enough to make 2 layers of an 8-inch diameter cake. You can also use a 9-inch pan, but the cake will be slightly thinner.
- Preheat the oven and line the baking sheets with baking paper, greasing the sides well.
- How to make a cake: Beat the eggs with the butter, then add them one by one. Add the remaining ingredients until a smooth paste forms. Don’t mix too much! The keto batter for this cake is a little thick and not runny. It hardens during cooking and the coconut flour absorbs the moisture from the eggs.
- Bake the cake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden and the top has risen. To keep the cake moist, don’t bake it too long or it will become very dry and crumbly.
- After baking, remove from ovenand allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, makeKeto Frosting by mixing the hot butter, cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. This vanilla keto frosting has almost no carbs per serving.
- Decorate cake – Spread icing evenly over cake, decorate with glitter and let the party begin. Enjoy one or more slices with your family and friends.
Tips for the best vanilla keto cake
- If you prefer to make a cake with one layer, take the recipe and use a single pan.
- Use hand mixer to mix the sweetener and oil. These results cannot be achieved with a whisk or rubber spatula.
- Sift the flour for a fluffier texture.
- Use very finely blanched almond flour , with no foreign odor. If your almond flour has a strange smell or taste, it could be rancid and ruin the whole low-carb cake!
Is this pastry suitable for diabetics?
To ensure that you can enjoy this diabetic cake, you should consult your doctor first. Although this cake is low in carbohydrates, your carbohydrate intake may be different and this may raise your insulin levels. Use caution and always consult an experienced professional.
How to store sugarfree cake leftovers
There probably won’t be any leftovers from this vanilla keto cake because everyone loves it, but just in case, here’s how to preserve it:
- In the refrigerator: Store leftover sugar-free keto cake for the holidays in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Slice and enjoy before serving.
- Can I freeze this keto cake? Yes, leftover cake pieces can be frozen separately for up to 6 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Looking for more keto cake recipes? Try this:
This is the best keto recipe for vanilla cake with cream cheese frosting. Each layer is super fluffy and covered in a creamy vanilla frosting. Enjoy a low-carb, super moist cake made with almond flour and coconut. There are less than 4 grams of net carbs per large slice.
- Preheat a oven to 180°C /350°F. Line two 20cm baking trays with baking paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepared cake: Mix the dry ingredients: Almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to dissolve any lumps in the almond flour. Set it aside.
- Beat the butter and sweetener with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to stir. Add the milk and vanilla extract. The mixture may appear curdled as the liquid mixes with the butterfat.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until creamy. Scrape down the walls from time to time.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared molds. Use a rubber spatula to smooth the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20-22 minutes. To check if the cake is done, stick a toothpick in the middle of the cake. Allow the crusts to cool completely in the pan.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze.
- Assembling and decorating the cake – Place one layer of the cake on a large serving dish and pour half the frosting over it. Put a second layer on top and spread the rest of the glaze evenly over the top and sides.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving! Have fun!
Nutritional information Quantity per serving. How do we calculate the nutritional information? Nutritional information was extracted from the nutritional information in the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s food database. Our nutritional information is accurate, but if you use other products, make your own calculations. The net amount of carbohydrate is calculated by subtracting fiber and sugar alcohols, since they do not raise blood sugar. Tags birthday cake, keto cake
Sign up now!
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and be the first to receive the latest recipes, updates and special offers.
You have successfully subscribed to our mailing list. Not all birthday cakes are created equally, as many are high in sugar, or are packed with preservatives. But the keto birthday cake I received from @krecsays is perfect for anyone who wants to stick to their diet or who is looking for a delicious treat that is low in carbs and high in good fat!. Read more about keto birthday cake order and let us know what you think.
where can i buy a keto birthday cakeeasy keto birthday cakeketo vanilla cake recipeketo birthday cake orderketo birthday cake alternativesketo sponge cake,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,Keto and Co Keto Cake Mix,Duncan Hines Keto Friendly C…,Keto Queen Kreations Cake Mix…,Good Dee's Good Snack Cake Mix…,Good Dee's Carrot Muffin & C…,See more,where can i buy a keto birthday cake,easy keto birthday cake,keto vanilla cake recipe,keto birthday cake order,keto birthday cake alternatives,where can i buy a keto birthday cake near me,keto sponge cake,easy keto cake recipes