For those of you who like vegan-friendly diets, you’re probably sick of eating egg whites, yogurt, and cheese. As well as being a terrible source of protein, these foods are also expensive to produce and often contain high amounts of saturated fat and cholesterol, and very little in the way of vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and phytochemicals. Luckily, there are alternatives to tofu, milk, and cheese – and they’re incredibly more affordable than you may think.
I currently weigh in at approximately 185 and I struggle to stay under 200. I am a Canadian with subsequent health insurance, so I am hoping to lose a bit of weight and boost my metabolism. I’m aware that the keto diet is the best way to do this, but I also know that it can be really challenging.
When you’re on a vegan diet, you know one of the biggest challenges is getting enough protein. Fortunately, tofu is a great fix! This tofu scramble is a delicious, healthy, plant-based way to get your protein in. It’s full of protein, and it’s super easy to make. The best part? You can make it in just 15 minutes. (And it’s low in carbs, so you can feel good about eating it for breakfast!). Read more about keto tofu recipes and let us know what you think.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may earn a small fee.
Even if you’re on a low carb diet, the Greatest Keto Tofu Scramble filled with vegetables is the best alternative to scrambled eggs. It’s very simple to prepare, flavorful, and rich in protein. Make a delicious vegan breakfast that tastes like scrambled eggs in only 15 minutes.
To those who aren’t acquainted with tofu, it’s a bean curd produced mostly from soybeans. After that, it’s thickened and turned into soy milk. The remaining curds are subsequently processed into the white tofu sold in stores.
Eggs are one of the most difficult things to give up when becoming vegan, but this tofu scramble is a game changer! It tastes just like genuine eggs and has a great texture that will deceive even the most ardent non-vegans.
Why is this the greatest Tofu Scramble you’ve ever had?
The Keto Tofu Scramble consists of the following ingredients:
- In about 30 minutes, you’ll have your meal ready.
- a high-protein vegan dish that can be eaten on a keto diet
- There are fewer dishes to clean since this is a one-pan dinner.
- Only 9 components are required, the majority of which being vegetables and spices.
- You may use any of your favorite spices and vegetables, such as kale or spinach, to make this dish.
Is Tofu a Keto Food?
According to the USDA, a normal serving of tofu (124g) may be included in a ketogenic diet since it has just 2.32 grams of carbohydrates.
Tofu is a plant-based protein that is produced from soaked and cooked soybeans that have been processed into a block. To those who are unfamiliar with tofu, it is also known as soybean curd. Depending on the water content, it may be obtained in a variety of textures at the shop, such as extra soft, silk, firm, or extremely firm.
Tofu is a high-protein, low-carbohydrate, low-fat, and low-sodium meat replacement. It has a neutral flavor and absorbs any flavor, making it very adaptable. It includes 9 of the most important amino acids and may be used as a meat replacement on the ketogenic diet, with 14 grams of protein per meal.
The Best Vegan Tofu Scramble Ingredients
You just need a few basic, inexpensive, and easily available items to make this delicious tofu scramble with nutritional yeast and vegetables:
- Make sure you use firm tofu while making tofu. When cooked, tofu that is overly smooth may crumble. Instead of a strong scramble, you’ll get a yellow tofu soft mush.
- Avocado oil — you may use any oil, but I like avocado oil since it has a high smoking point.
- This vegan keto dish benefits from the crisp, aromatic taste of yellow onion.
- Nutritional yeast adds a cheese-like taste, a pleasing color, and a lot of protein to the meal (3 grams of protein per serving).
- Garlic powder is one of my favorite spices, and it complements this vegetarian tofu scramble well.
- Turmeric is responsible for the brilliant yellow color of this tofu scramble, as well as providing additional health benefits.
Vegan Tofu Scramble Instructions
Following just a few simple steps, you can create this Vegan Tofu Scramble in no time. I cook it on a weekday morning since it’s so fast!
- Cook the veggies in a skillet with a tablespoon of avocado oil over medium heat for 5 minutes, until slightly cooked but still crunchy.
- Then, using a potato masher, mash the tofu in the pan. You may either crumble it into the pan with your hands or mash it with a fork.
- Cook for another couple of minutes after adding the spices.
- Remove from heat after the liquid has evaporated and serve with freshly chopped parsley and spicy sauce, if preferred.
Making the Best Vegan Tofu Scramble Tips
- Feel free to experiment with different spices and veggies.
- Use water or vegetable stock instead of oil if you don’t want to use oil.
- Make it your own by adding vegan cheese and topping it with avocado or salsa.
How Long Do You Think This Tofu Scramble Will Last?
I was hungry the previous time I cooked this Vegan Tofu Scramble, so I overestimated the quantities and ended up with a whole plate, which I refrigerated. So here’s what I discover:
- To ensure that your tofu scramble retains all of its characteristics, put the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
- It will keep for approximately 2-3 days and have the same flavor.
Is it possible to freeze this tofu scramble?
Yes, you very certainly can. It’s a fantastic method to save time. You may cut the tofu into little pieces, freeze it, and then thaw it just before making the scramble. To accomplish this, place the tofu in a sealed container or freezer bag and keep it in the freezer for up to four months.
What’s the Best Way to Serve Tofu Scramble?
With keto tortillas and a variety of veggies, serve this tofu scramble. There are so many fresh toppings and sides to choose from, so experiment with what sounds good to you.
- Salsa — Serve your tofu scramble with homemade salsa or a dash of Pico de Gallo.
- Roasted vegetables — for a veggie-packed breakfast, I like to throw some roasted zucchini with my tofu scramble!
- Tortilla — serve this vegan tofu scramble with some tasty vegan and paleo-friendly tortillas.
If you’re looking for more vegan keto recipes, you’ve come to the right place. Consider the following:
The Best Keto Tofu Scramble with Lots of Vegetables Even if you’re on a low-carb diet, it’s the greatest scrambled egg substitute. It’s very simple to prepare, flavorful, and rich in protein. Make a delicious vegan breakfast that tastes like scrambled eggs in only 15 minutes.
- 226g 8-oz box firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons avocado or coconut oil
- 1 small chopped yellow onion
- 12 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 12 medium zucchini, diced
- 12 tbsp yeast (nutritional)
- a half teaspoon of garlic powder
- a half teaspoon of turmeric
- a half teaspoon of salt
Gently squeeze some moisture out of the tofu using a clean dish towel. Remove from the equation.
Place a tablespoon of avocado oil in a frying pan over medium heat. For 4-5 minutes, or until slightly softened, sauté the chopped onion, red bell pepper, and zucchini.
Using a potato masher or a fork, crumble the tofu into bite-sized pieces and toss it in with the vegetables.
Stir in the tofu and simmer for 2-3 minutes over medium heat, continuously stirring.
Salt, garlic powder, turmeric, and nutritional yeast are used to season.
Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley and spicy sauce.
How do we figure out how much food to eat?
The USDA Food Database nutrition information was used to calculate these nutrition facts. Our nutrition data are correct, but please double-check if you’re using other items. Because fiber and sugar alcohols do not increase blood sugar, they are subtracted from the net carb amount.
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special deals, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
In this post, I have made a vegetarian tofu scramble. Theses tofu scrambles are not only made without any dairy, but they also make great breakfast, lunch or dinner. They are simple to prepare and only require a blender, skillet and the right spices. The result is a simple and tasty breakfast that is rich in protein while being low in carbohydrates.. Read more about vegan keto omelette and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can tofu kick you out of ketosis?
Yes, tofu is a high-carbohydrate food that will kick you out of ketosis.
Can you be vegan and keto at the same time?
Yes, it is possible to be vegan and keto. However, you will need to make sure that you are getting enough protein and fat from your diet.
How much weight can you lose on vegan Keto?
I am not sure how much weight you can lose on vegan keto, but it is possible to lose a lot of weight.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- keto tofu recipes
- vegan tofu scramble
- tofu stir fry
- tofu scramble black salt
- tofu scramble calories